Sunday, April 22, 2007

I Do This Under Duress

Seeing how as the captain took exception to me recording things in invisible ink, and more exception to my "forgetting" to do anything about it, here's a sample of what I recorded the time the captain thought I should make the log entry:

It's one of those long flights to nowhere in particular - I mean, it is a particular place, I just don't care that much. Most interesting thing lately has been the dinner conversations. Especially the one about how every meal we eat is dinner because it doesn't taste like anything else and we have no idea what time it is anyway.

Anyhow, someone got hold of cake the other night (it was stale - why didn't we eat it earlier? Don't ask me!). The convivial mood led to some strange revelations, such as:

The captain is an ex-pirate who is now fighting pirates because his old crew broke up and pretty much hated him. Grudge much?

The pilot is the only one who can fly the boat we're in. I have no idea who modded this hull, but they did a good job. I estimate the engine/hull could stand continuous maneuver/fire at anything below full emergency levels for at least 7 minutes, which it really shouldn't be able to, looking at it.

Speedy met the captain in a bar. A bar fight, apparently. Surprise. They actually managed to get away with shooting police. Don't ask me how.

Inigo, master scamp, apparently got himself in trouble with some high-and-mighty's girlfriend. Apparently, he got himself out of trouble by being owed gambling debts. Also got himself nice reflexes, cybernetically. Whatever.

The pyromaniac priest pyred people prematurely preventing permanent - ah, damn. Anyway, that's why he's with us, apparently. Considering the lack of religious fervor on board... no, I don't get it either.

Roger is some random Hawkwood. Completely unimportant, unless someone wants to pay me. (I'm kidding, Roger!)

And I, of course, am just a completely innocent Engineer.

The captain wants more cake.

- Diagnostics

No comments: